Monday, July 23, 2012

So it's been a while...and Blogger has changed quite a bit.  So much that I'm not sure I want to keep using this.  But I do have some good things to share, and I would be so ungrateful if I didn't.

First, Jordan got accepted to dental school in Louisville, Kentucky.  That was way back in February, but it's exciting now because he started classes about 4 weeks ago.  He is LOVING it and he seems to really be getting into the swing of things.  So far the classes are not horribly challenging because they are a review of things he has already learned...the tricky part is just being prepared for tests (which happen almost every other day!).  It's going to get a lot more stressful when the fall semester starts, so this is a good way to get the students used to the rigor.  Jordan is doing great, and he's just so excited to be here.

Speaking of here, we are living in Kentucky--obviously--and we love it.  It has been awfully hot and humid just about every day since we moved in, but we're lucky enough to have plenty of cool air and shade in and around our apartment.  We also have a pool at our complex, so that offers some relief ;-*  The tennis courts have probably never seen such horrid players before, but we are loving the chance we have to try to learn a new sport together.  Nevermind that we've both played hundreds of times before...each time we go out there together it's like our first time ever using a racket.  We are not so good...but it's still fun.  We feel so grateful to be in a place that is comfortable and clean and full of people in our same situation and not breaking the budget!  We've been so blessed.

We're both getting really excited for the Olympics--which start on FRIDAY!!!  Oh my heavens, I get emotional even just from hearing the commercials and the music on TV.  I don't know what it is about the Olympics, especially considering I'm sort of anti-athletic and anti-sports of any kind...(I know, that makes me sound like a bad person!  I just don't ever get into the hype and the ridiculous amounts of money people spend on sporting events and the insane "royalty" status we give sports stars)  But when I hear the Olympic music, and when I see teams earning medals, and when I watch their faces and the faces of their parents in the crowd when they cross the finish line....oh man.  I am just a crying machine!  It's so powerful!  So, GO USA! ;-*

This week I've spent time with my family in Pennsylvania, and we even got to go to Delaware (my first time ever!) to visit my grandparents and my aunt and uncle (who just had a new baby).  It was so nice to have a change of scenery and to see what life is like on an Air Force base, and to be able to play at a real beach.  I love being around all the cousins, and we had a lot of fun together this week ;-*  In spite of all the craziness around here when there are so many people in the house, I'm grateful to be home for a while.  Yesterday Jessica and I made cookies--and I haven't made cookies in months!  Brenden and Brian and I played a ton of card games and I even taught Brian how to shuffle cards (and do the bridge!).  Then I got to watch Les Miserables with my dad--the Liam Neeson version--and, well, I still think he's a horrible actor.  But the movie and the story was great.  We also got to skype Nathanael and Saraiah in Idaho--so the whole family really was all together for a while!  CARAZY but fun.

Welp, I really don't have a whole lot more to post for now, but I'm just getting back into the swing of things here.  Maybe I'll write something delicious after opening ceremonies on Friday night ;-*  Maybe.  Until then, have a marvelous day and enjoy the week!

2 comments:

  1. Love it. Love you. Missing your beautiful face and soul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE ZE OLYMPICS!!!!! oh and you....(:

    ReplyDelete